Junior Engineer – Instrumentation & Control
First Quantum Minerals Ltd - Solwezi, North-Western
Requisition Number: 504904
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering, Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Execute / Perform Maintenance tasks covering the entire Plant with regards to Control & Instrumentation Systems, including the following:
- Installation / Maintenance, Configuring of Field Bus Systems ( Profibus / Ethernet ) / Fibre Optical Systems – ensuring that both Company and Vendor Safety and Quality standards are adhered to, whilst ensuring minimum disruption to the Process Plant Operation or Production.
- Performing Fault Analysis / Fault Finding on Field Bus Systems ( Profibus / Ethernet ) / Fibre Optical Systems in order to eliminate re-occurrences of repetitive faults and improve Process Control System reliability and efficiency.
- An understanding of the Network Drawings of the Processing Plant in relation to the Control & Instrumentation Systems and Equipment installed.
- Adherence to the Company Planned and Preventative Maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Execute all Maintenance schedules in area of responsibility.
- Keeping record of all changes and red-line required Systems / Network Drawings in area of responsibility and provide feedback to Direct Line Supervisor.
- Adhere to the correct and safe usage of all Workshop Tools and PPE. Apply and Practice correct and Safe Working principles and standards during all Installation / Maintenance Tasks.
- Be a Team player in the Control & Instrumentation Section and comply with all KMP Health and Safety requirements.
- Liaise with Senior Supervisors, Instrumentation Technicians and other Engineering disciplines in order to provide a full range of Control & Instrumentation Services / Support to Production, Processing Team, other Engineering Teams.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Minimum Grade 12 / equivalent
- Minimum of a Degree or Diploma in Electrical / Instrumentation / Electronics, or equivalent appropriate experience
- Qualification in the Electrical / Instrumentation.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Ability to read Instrumentation Drawings
- Abillity in understanding Profibus Networking / Fibre Optical Networking – integrating with Siemens Control Systems.
- Experience in profibus DP, PA and Ethernet Networks
- Previous experience in variable speed drives will be an advantage
- Must have Technical abillity
- Mining environment experience, added advantage
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving Attendance
- Very good communicator with strong skills/knowledge ability
- Excellent Computer Literacy
- Overtime and standby work when required
- Fluency in English
- Depth perception
- Colour distinction
Applications close: 16 Nov 2018 FLE Standard Time