First Quantum Minerals Ltd - Solwezi, North-Western
Requisition Number: 504961
Contract Type: Fixed Term, Max Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Ensure the day to day management of safety issues with Construction Supervisors
- Identify potential latent failures that are in the company processes and design and implement processes to mitigate these risks
- Audit Construction operational areas against the FQM Health and Safety Management System standards and support the improvement of compliance levels
- Audit Construction operational areas against policy, risk and impact identification and support the development of action plans
- Review and standardize site occupational health monitoring protocols and programs and implement an overall Occupational Health Program guideline for Zambian operations
- Audit Emergency response preparedness, procedures and trainings
- Monitor and review accidents and incidents, review recurrent events and guide and support the development and implementation of remedial actions
- Participate in high potential incident investigations and identify areas for improvement
- Compile monthly reports from all operations in line with Corporate and site requirements
- Guide and support the Site Construction Supervisors in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
- Keep abreast of new developments and best practices in the field of H&S and make recommendations for improvements
- Provide support and participate to the implementation of the Visible Field Leadership program on each site
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma / Degree in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Minimum of 5 years safety experience within the mining industry
- Knowledge of OH&S systems, preferably OSHSAS 18001 system
- Experience in safety investigations and auditing
- Experience in development of safety procedures and standards within the organization
Beware of imposters who call applicants purporting to be HR Officers and requesting money for work. First Quantum Minerals does not request applicants to pay any fees for possible placement within FQM in Zambia. Please report any activities of this nature to the Zambian Police and Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and in addition call and inform FQM Security at Kansanshi on 7 and +44.
Applications close: 21 Nov 2018 FLE Standard Time