Service Desk Officer
First Quantum Minerals Ltd - Solwezi, North-Western
Requisition Number: 504869
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Maintaining awareness of and complying with all company policies
- Courteous and professional communication with internal and external parties
- Participate in FQML continuous improvement programs and professional development and training activities.
- Candidates are expected to participate in after-hours activity when required, including participation in an on-call roster
- First point of contact for users who require assistance.
- Ticket management and acts as an escalation point in case of SLA breaches and or any outages.
- Assisting users to continue working efficiently whilst increasing satisfaction levels
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Main point of contact dealing with users while troubleshooting problems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in Information Technology
- ITIL Foundation or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Microsoft Certification or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role or IT Desktop Technician role is required
- CompTIA A+ or N+ equivalent demonstrated or qualified experience
- Proficient in the use of computers and standard computer applications such as Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with safety systems, permit systems and procedures in a process plant environment
- Valid Silicosis certificate
Applications close: 06 Nov 2018 FLE Standard Time