First Quantum Minerals Ltd - Lusaka, Lusaka
Requisition Number: 505003
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 – 300,000 tonnes per annum.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and or experience with:
- Mining industry terminology, equipment, suppliers and goods required for open pit mining operations and copper processing
- Negotiation with suppliers(ethics, tactics)
- Local and International logistics, Intercoms and cross border taxation
- Inventory management concept and use of electronic stock management systems
- Basic contract law and commercial terms
- Procurement and purchasing of goods
- Degree graduate (engineering, business, logistics)
- 7 years experience
Experience & Skills
- Microsoft Word,Excel, Outlook,PowerPoint
- Preferably experienced with Pronto (or Similar)
- Co-operative and team player
- People Person
Applications close: 23 Nov 2018 FLE Standard Time