First Quantum Minerals Ltd - Solwezi, North-Western
Requisition Number: 504959
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Design, implement and Maintain inspection and quality control systems, in order to maintain contractual obligations
- Co-ordinate housing construction contractors
- Arrange and chair contractors site meetings
- Oversee building contractors during construction projects to ensure site requirements are met within safety and quality standards Setup a certification system for construction quality control
- Setup a production management tracking and reporting system. (Ms Projects Gantt Charts)
- Manage a team of construction supervisors and quality/standards control inspectors
- Complete required certification and building approvals
- Participate in the drawing up of contracts
- Maintain detailed record and filing systems
- Generate reports as and when required Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- Responsible for projects costs, cost control, waste control and daily time management
- Meets construction budget aganst expenditures
- Ensuring all safety procedure are enforced on site
- Updates job knowledge with emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Construction /Quantity Surveying /Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years relevant construction experience in either civil, residential or industrial projects
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
Beware of imposters who call applicants purporting to be HR Officers and requesting money for work. First Quantum Minerals does not request applicants to pay any fees for possible placement within FQM in Zambia. Please report any activities of this nature to the Zambian Police and Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and in addition call and inform FQM Security at Kansanshi on 7 and +44.
Applications close: 21 Nov 2018 FLE Standard Time