Head Measuring and Communication Results
FSD Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
Zambian Financial Sector Deepening Limited (FSD Zambia) is a Zambian organisation working closely with both public and private sector institutions. We open financial markets so that all citizens, particularly the excluded or underserved, have the opportunity to learn about, choose, and use a wide range of accessible, affordable, understandable, sustainable financial services according to their needs.
About the Job
The Head – MCR is responsible for guiding the overall MRM strategy and implementation of related activities and results within FSD Zambia via Thematic Heads, Project Managers and teams, consultants, and both financing and implementing partners, plus providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders. This entails close communication with all involved in MRM system design and coordination. As part of the administrative and technical oversight roles, Head MCR will oversee and manage the Communications team activities and influence good practice in supporting other thematic areas.
This is a senior management position, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
The Head of MCR must have strong strategic focus, be results driven, and committed to high standards of performance. He/she must be comfortable with taking responsibility and making things happen. Whilst being strongly focused on clear deliverables, there will also be the freedom and operating latitude for team members to make their own unique contribution to initiate programs and to stimulate genuine innovation.
- Masters’ degree in social sciences, demographic, economics, statistics or in relevant
field from recognized university
- Experience in development of theories of change and measuring change
- Strong knowledge and understanding of research trends in financial sector development
- Monitoring and reporting skills
- Direct experience working in Africa
- Strong understanding of the different approaches to impact evaluation
- Strong competency in conceptualizing measurement frameworks.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the delivery of a market building approach
- Good knowledge of research methodology including skills in sampling techniques.
- Strong communication, influencing and engagement skills
- At least 10 years’ successful experience
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
FSD Zambia is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination due to disability, race, religion or gender.