FSD Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
Zambian Financial Sector Deepening Limited (FSD Zambia) is a Zambian organisation working closely with both public and private sector institutions. We open financial markets so that all citizens, particularly the excluded or underserved, have the opportunity to learn about, choose, and use a wide range of accessible, affordable, understandable, sustainable financial services according to their needs.
About the Job
The Head Research will have overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of FSD Zambia research, developing, implementing and overseeing a wide range of knowledge-sharing activities, building market capacity and collecting data, access and analyses, use information to spur innovation in supply and policy change, and bring rigor to the way FSD Zambia measures long-term outcomes and impact.
This is a senior management position, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
The Head of Research must have strong strategic focus, be results driven, and committed to high standards of performance. He/she must be comfortable with taking responsibility and making things happen. Whilst being strongly focused on clear deliverables, there will also be the freedom and operating latitude for team members to make their own unique contribution to initiate programs and to stimulate genuine innovation.
- PhD in relevant field from recognized university
- Experience of designing and directing research programs in policy and/or relevant academic areas
- Strong knowledge and understanding of research trends in financial sector development
- Experience working in private sector research environment (e.g. market research)
- Familiarity with major African players in financial sector development research
(funders, research institutions etc.)
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate or deliver research publications and policy notes suitable for a wide range of readers
- Strong communication, influencing and engagement skills
- Direct experience working in Africa
- Strong understanding of the different approaches to impact evaluation
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the delivery of a market building approach
- At least 10 years’ successful research experience
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
FSD Zambia is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination due to disability, race, religion or gender.