Senior Communications Manager
FSD Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
About the Organisation
FSD Zambia is a Zambian organisation working closely with both public and private sector institutions. We open up financial markets so that all citizens, particularly the excluded or underserved, have the opportunity to learn about, choose, and use a wide range of accessible, affordable, understandable, sustainable financial services according to their needs. FSD Zambia enjoys the active support of financing partners UK Aid, Swedish Sida and Rural Finance Expansion Programme (RUFEP).
This is a key communications position supporting FSD Zambia in managing, operating and enhancing a highly effective communications function. The Senior Communications Officer works with expert staff to implement a strategic communications strategy for interventions in all focal areas, supports management in effective internal and external communications and manages the Digital Communications Officer and consultants.
The Senior Communications Officer reports to the Head of Monitoring and Communicating Results and Research (MCRR).
Qualifications and Experience
- MBA/MSc/MA in Mass Communications/Social Sciences/Media Relations/Communications for Development or equivalent with 5 years’ professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications/Media Studies
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in communications
- Excellent communications skills, influencing and engagement skills as well as listening skills, understanding and interpreting trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of varied backgrounds
FSD Zambia is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination due to disability, race, religion or gender.