Cash Security Officer
G4S - Location: Kitwe, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
CASH SECURITY OFFICER – NORTH
Closes: 8 Jan 2019
Job Type: Permanent & Full-time
Business Unit: Zambia | Region / Division: Africa
To implement, co-ordinate, monitor and conduct security and compliance audits to improve the levels of security, enforce compliance to procedures and reduce attacks and cash losses in the northern region.
- To monitor and co-ordinate improvements in the security practices and levels of compliance of the cash business, in accordance with G4S Mandatory Security Principles and Group Minimum Security Standards, to help enable business plan objectives to be achieved.
- To coordinate the implementation of G4S MSPs and MSSs, ensuring that these are consistently applied within the Cash Business, with the objective of ensuring that all employees are safeguarded and attack and cash losses are reduced.
- To conduct regular branch physical security inspections in the region and provide feedback to management to resolve security gaps identified.
- To conduct regular vehicle security inspections to ensure all safety and security features are in place.
- To conduct regular unseen inspections and surveillances on Cash in Transit, Tellers and ATM staff to ensure full compliance to Standard Operating Procedures and security principles.
- To implement and enforce security and compliance audit recommendations to ensure satisfactory compliance with Group Security principles, requirements and procedures.
- To provide functional security reports and assessments to the line manager, enabling greater risk control and achieving targeted reductions in losses, liabilities and insurance costs.
- To continually communicate and raise awareness of attack and internal losses across the cash business in the region.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Must have minimum of;
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in Business related course
- Security or law enforcement certificate
- Knowledge of Cash Solutions operations is essential
- Five years’ experience in a security function
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Mobility and flexibility in their attitude to performing their duties;
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing abilities;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently, often in remote areas, to tight deadlines;
- Computer literacy essential
- Clean driving license and willing to travel