Gemcanton Investment Holdings Limited - Location: Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Gemcanton Investment Holdings Limited (Formerly Grizzly Mining Limited) owns and operates Emerald Mines in Zambia and is the producer of Africa and World’s finest and best Emeralds. Gemcanton is an equal opportunity employer and provides an environment where employees are stimulated to learn, develop and grow, whilst offering challenging career opportunities for lateral or vertical advancement. We are situated in Lufwanyama District in Pilala Emerald Restricted Area in Lufwanyama on the copperbelt province.
The company seeks to engage a highly motivated and ambitious NETWORK TECHNICIAN on Permanent basis reporting to Gemcanton’s Manager I.C.T.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Perform trouble shooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of networks
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bags
- Test and configure software, maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvements
- Organise and schedule upgrades and maintenance without disturbing normal operations
- Conduct regular data backups to protect the organisations information
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
- Create Vlans to isolate network for security
- Review and recommend the best way to optimize the surveillance network for effective CCTV operations
The job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements and possess the following attributes.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- BSc/BA in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field
- Proven experience as network technician or relevant position
- Good knowledge of LAN /WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Hands on experience with common software and hardware
- CCENT/CCNA/N+ qualifications are advantageous
- Polite, patient and ability to communicate well
- Team player
- Minimum 3 years’ experience