Group Operations Manager – Grain Milling
Hays - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Our client is a Global agricultural commodity and trading company with grain processing and trading offices throughout the African, South American and Caribbean Markets. Commodities sourced and traded include, wheat, corn, soybean mill, mill feed, rice, sugar, food oils and other protein meals. They currently have a requirement for a Group Operations Manager for their milling operations in Zambia. This is an exciting role because this operation is in the process of building a new green field site which will be ready for commissioning in early to mid-2019. Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for managing day to day operations of the production assets of the company.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the receipt of raw materials into silos or warehouses
- Management of wheat, maize, feed and finished product inventory
- Ensure a consistently high quality of finished product
- Manage periodic replacement and upgrade of plants, processes and components as needed.
- Establish maintain the preventative maintenance program for all production assets of the company.
Education & Experience
- Milling degree preferred or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences
- 5 + year’s grain milling experience – Technical knowledge of specific agricultural commodities
- Prior experience of Buhler desirable
- Fluency in English required
- Experience working in developing countries preferred