Inspections Officers x3
Health Professions Council of Zambia - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well as maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health ProfessionsAct No. 24 of 2009. The Health Professions Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is ‘to safeguard the quality of health care services by regulating and monitoring the professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners, Health facilities and Training Institutions.
The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following positions:
INSPECTIONS OFFICERS X 03
Job Profile: To undertake effectively the inspection of health facilities and monitor the conduct and practice of the health practitioners in order to ensure compliance to the set standards.
- Undenakes effectively the inspection of Health facilities, in order to ensure compliance to set standards;
- Undertakes effectively the inspection of the practice and conduct of health practitioners in orderto ensure adherence to the professional code of conduct;
- Undenakes the preparation of inspections reports in order to facilitate decision making;
- Undertakes the preparation of documentation in order to facilitate the issuance of licenses;
- Undertakes effectively the maintenance of up-to-date records on inspections in order to facilitate the storage and retrieval ofinformation; and
- Undertakes effectively the monitoring and evaluation of the inspections in order to facilitate the identification and implementation of appropriate interventions.
Reporting relationship, Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Reporting to the Senior Inspections Officer
- BSc. in Health related Sciences
- Full registration and valid HPCZ practising certificate
- Full Grade 12/ Form V School Certificate
- Minimum Of 3 years working experience
- Computer literate
- Able to write complex reports
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills with interpersonal skills