Health Professions Council of Zambia - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well as maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health ProfessionsAct No. 24 of 2009. The Health Professions Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is ‘to safeguard the quality of health care services by regulating and monitoring the professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners, Health facilities and Training Institutions.
The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following position:
PROCUREMENT OFFICER X (01)
Job Profile: To manage and undertake timely the procurement of goods, services and works in order to facilitate smooth operations of the Council.
- Prepares timely and accurately procurement plans in order to facilitate decision making
- Manages an undertakes effectively the maintenance of an up-to-date supplier register in order to establish a reliable supplier base
- Manages and undertakes effectively the procurement and supply of works, goods and services in order to ensure their availability and efficient utilization
- Manages effectively the maintenance of accurate records of goods, services and records in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information
- Manages and undertakes timely the preparation of bidding documents in order to facilitate invitations of bids
- Manages and undertakes effectively the utilization of human and material resources in order to attain the objectives of the unit
Reporting relationship, Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Report to the Senior Procurement and Supplies Officer (SPSO)
- Full grade twelve (12)/ Form five (5) Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts in Purchasing and Supply and or a full Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or CIPS level 6
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing Supply (ZIPS)with a valid practising certificate
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a reputable Organisation i.e. Regulatory Statutory board or Public Institutions will be an added advantage
- Goal-oriented and able to work under minimal supervision and able to collaborate well with a diverse team.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Able to write analytical and technical reports.
- Computer literate and Knowledgeable of most used packages.