Higher Education Authority - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is a statutory body established by the Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013, in order to regulate and monitor standards in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) by ensuring quality services and contributing to the enhancement of human capital and accelerated national development. HEA began its operations in 2015.
The functions of HEA are exhausted in the Higher Education Act’s Part Il
Section 6, and include:
(a) Regulate HEIS and coordinate the development of higher education in order to promote quality higher education;
(b) Facilitate collaboration of the Authority with organisations of similar functions in order to enhance capacity and share best practices; and,
(c) Recommend policy interventions and remedial measures in the higher education sector to the responsible Ministry in order to provide information to facilitate informed decision making.
In addition to the aforementioned functions, Statutory Instrument No. 25 of 2016 was issued to provide for the Accreditation of Learning Programmes. HEA wishes to recruit a Senior Information Technology Officer with the following responsibilities:
Senior Information Technology Officer (1 )
To undertake the design, implementation and maintenance of information communication technology systems in order to facilitate user access to e- services.
- Undertakes effectively the development and review of ICT policy in order to guide the use of ICTs in the operations of the Authority.
- Undertakes effectively, the alignment of systems and hardware specifications in order to ensure conformity to the ICT policy.
- Provides effectively, information technology business solutions in order to improve service delivery.
- Undertakes effectively the installation and maintenance of applications and hardware in order to facilitate provision of ICT services.
- Ensures effectively cyber security of the ICT infrastructure in order to prevent intrusion and theft of data.
- Coordinates effectively capacity building of end-users on various software applications in order to enhance the use of ICTs in the business.
- Ensures effectively setting and maintaining an Offsite Backup system in order to ensure business continuity.
- Manages effectively website infrastructure in order to ensure accessibility of information.
- Ensures effectively internet connectivity in order to enhance efficient operations.
- Undertakes timely, preparation of Unit reports in order to enhance monitoring, evaluation and decision making.
- Ensures timely, the development of work plans and implementation of the Annual Performance Appraisal System (APAS) in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance.
- Full Form V/Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
MINIMUM RELEVANT PRE-JOB EXPERIENCE
- Four (4) Years
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Tact and Diplomacy