Hillview Medical Centre - Lusaka, Lusaka
- Receive and dispatch drugs to designated locations.
- Undertake Physical counts at the prescribed schedules.
- Truck expiry dates of drugs and medical supplies.
- Respond to drug orders and attend to them promptly and timely.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled. Manage supplies for chronic medication and giving notice to patients when they are supposed to come for refill.
- Receive written prescription, requisitions, patients charts or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate and affix labels were necessary.
- Assist patients by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Help maintain equipment and work areas, and sterilize glassware according to prescribed methods.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs and allied substances as per ideal storage protocol.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
- Data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Transfer medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques.
- Deliver medications and pharmaceutical supplies to patients, nursing stations or surgery.
- Administer ART clinic
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum Diploma in Pharmacy.
- Two years’ work experience
- Post Graduate qualifications an advantage.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ)