Homepro Enterprise Ltd - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Homepro Enterprise Limited is looking for a Clearance officer with traceable experience in a similar position to join our fast growing company.
- As a Clearance Clerk you will work as part of a team and report to the Clearance Manager.
- You will be involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients.
- You will also pay, or arrange for payment of taxes and duties.
- Liaising with Customers.
- Allocating the correct licence depending on type of goods being imported.
- The Clearance Clerk can be involved in attending meetings with Customs Officials in the application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification as appropriate and will assist with any appeals that are forthcoming.
- You will be required to be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations.
- You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up-to-date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
- The Clearance Clerk will post bonds for the products being imported .
- You will also be required to prepare the necessary import documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents.
- This job also requires you to liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine.
- You will also arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported or exported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders.
Must have a relevant degree from a reputable university