Research Associate (Socio-Economics Program)
IITA - Location: Zambia, Lusaka
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), on behalf of the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) in Zambia invites applications from suitable dynamic and self-motivated Zambian nationals to fill up the following position in the EU-SIFAZ project:
Research Associate (Socio-Economics Program) – Ref No: SARAH/RASEP/05/19
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and the Socio economic Scientist, the Research Associate (Socio-economics program) will carry out socio-economic research in three regions of Zambia.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Provide research and coordination support to the socio-economic programs and other programs
- Perform various tasks involving data collection, data maintenance, data analysis, statistical analysis, and econometric analysis
- Conduct literature review and synthesis
- Assist in the drafting and editing of discussion papers, policy notes, donor reports, project briefs, presentations, etc.
- Assist in organizing trainings, workshops and conferences
- Assist with responses for internal/external data and information requests
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- BSC Degree from a recognized university in agricultural economics or any other related field in applied economics
- Excellent econometric skills and demonstrated ability to perform in depth statistical analysis and report the results
- Experienced in conducting literature reviews of academic publications, research reports, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment
- Professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and editing skills
- Experience using major statistical software packages such as STATA and SPSS
Duty Station: Lusaka, Zambia
General information: The contracts will be for an initial period of three years. Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.