Temporary Qualitative Research Analyst
Innovation for Poverty Action - Lusaka, Lusaka
Job opportunity: Temporary Qualitative Research Analyst
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a nonprofit organization that creates and evaluates solutions to social and development problems, and works to scale up successful ideas through implementation and dissemination to policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors.
IPA-Zambia is looking for enthusiastic and motivated QUALITATIVE RESEARCH ANALYST. The Temporary qualitative research analyst will be responsible to perform high-level analysis of qualitative data using NVivo software for one of our projects within IPA-Zambia, Lusaka office.
- Apply advanced social scientific theories to the interpretation of qualitative data.
- Independently identify complex patterns of textual data and present these interpretations to the study PIs.
- Identify how findings of qualitative studies confirm or expand the current understanding of complex phenomena in research literature.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or social science discipline (Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Communications etc.)
- 3 to 5 years of qualitative data analysis experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. A Masters preferred.
- Experience using qualitative data analysis software; knowledge of NVivo 11 required.
- Strong communication, writing and organizational skills
- Strict attention to detail and out of the box thinker
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside normal business hours and on weekends, depending on the needs of the project;
- Willingness to work in a collaborative capacity but still work independently and take initiative when able