IntraHealth seeks a Finance and Administration Senior Officer to support IntraHealth’s activities on the new five-year Stop GBV project funded by USAID. The project aims to strengthen the environment for people to live lives free of gender-based violence and enjoy healthy, supportive gender-equitable relationships in Zambia. IntraHealth plays a key role on the project consortium led by the Zambia Center for Communications Programs (ZCCP).
The Finance and Administration Senior Officer will provide support to the Stop GBV project on all financial management and accounting activities in compliance with IntraHealth’s financial management procedures and policies as well as maintain compliance with local tax and registration laws. This person will also provide day-to-day administrative support to IntraHealth employees, including organizing meetings and events for project staff and other relevant day to day financial and administrative tasks. This position reports to the Project Manager.
- Monitor banks accounts, maintain cash books and ensure adequate cash balances for making timely payments. Reconcile the bank statements each month.
- Control and reconcile advances and follow up periodically to ensure timely settlement.
- Reconcile balance sheet account ledger balances each month.
- Help prepare periodic budgets and monitor projections, accruals, and pipeline, including analysis of quarterly variances in planned versus actual expenditure.
- In consultation with technical staff, prepare and submit monthly cash request to headquarter
- Provide support in developing annual budget and budget narrative per IntraHealth policy and procedures
- Record transactions in Quick Books on a daily basis and maintain records of financial documents, including hardcopies of payment vouchers and Journals
- In collaboration with the Program Finance Business Partner facilitate audit and implement adopted recommendations that arise out of these
- Ensure timely payments including withholding taxes and submitting the same to revenue authorities as per Zambia taxation laws. Reconcile each month tax withholdings with subsequent payments
- Verify and process monthly payroll statements ensuring accurate and timely processing of salary payments. Generate and distribute paystubs showing salary payments, leave balances and deductions
- Prepare and submit approved monthly financial reports to Program Finance Business Partner
- Provide financial management support to technical staff in the regional offices to carry out activity implementation
- Ensure the financial system and tools are in compliance with Zambian requirements
- Ensure proper documentation is presented for travel and activity advance and reimbursement
- Travel to the project sites/regions as needed to facilitate payment for trainings, workshops, and meetings
- Work closely with the consortium operation team as a focal person to support the prime’s harmonization of financial and standard operating procedures
- Update standard operating procedures, internal control system and keep financial policy and procedures up to date
- Work closely with procurement and others to manage service contracts for onsite equipment, office support services (copiers, security, cleaning, etc) office supplies and stationery and monitor re-order levels as needed
- Maintain up-to-date inventory records of office equipment, furniture & fittings, ensuring they are all tagged/labeled in accordance with IntraHealth’s policies and procedures; organize and support the annual physical verification of inventory by checking the accuracy of records and location of property
- Liaise with Procurement staff on new procurement of equipment and ensure purchases are adequately documented and included in insurance cover
- Report to the insurance company on any loses or damages to organizational property and follow up on insurance refunds
- Provide administrative support to the organization of conferences, workshops, and retreats
- Perform other finance and administrative related tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- University Degree in Accounting, Management and/or Professional Qualification such as Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants, CIMA and ACCA.
- At least five years working experience in financial management and accounting with at least two years of working on USAID funded projects.
- Experience and high level proficiency in Microsoft Office. Demonstrate experience in use and maintenance of computerized Financial Accounting System. Experience in on-line QuickBooks preferred.
- Experience in cash management
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations related to financial management desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.