Country Sales Representative
J&J Transport Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
Job Title: Country Sales Representative – Zambia/DRC
Job Region: Zambia
Job Type: Full time
Job Category: Retail & Sales; Transport & Logistics
J&J Transport Zambia is recruiting a qualified individual that will assume responsibility for obtaining new business for J&J Transport and its affiliates in Zambia and the Eastern DRC, and with a focus on optimizing the cargo mix and selling logistics solutions
The individual must be highly driven, proactive and with a sense of urgency for strong delivery that can take the initiative and enjoy a stimulating, fast paced and dynamic job.
Reports to: Group Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and /or his/her Deputy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote the J&J Group as the preferred service provider and deliver exceptional service to new and existing customers;
- Gain an understanding of competitors costing and pricing in the Zambia/DRC corridors, and take these into account when quoting;
- Gain an understanding of client’s needs and the market and transmit these to the Group CCO with persuasive data and argument to generate solutions which create sustained client loyalty and repeat business;
- Find new projects and project cargo, and look out for new business opportunities for the Zambia/DRC region, and the Group, and propose ideas to the Group CCO;
- Assist in procuring and closing agreements by liaising and advising managers and the Group CCO as necessary on terms, as informed by the market and personal knowledge of clients;
- Prepare and send out quotes daily based on approved rates, and follow up;
- Build relations with existing clients with business in the Zambia/DRC region, and introduce the Group to potential clients by visiting them, and attending conferences, after hour occasions, and other networking events.
- Provide the Group CCO with monthly and ad-hoc reports as necessary on market conditions, client visits, sales, feedback, inclusive of graphs and historical data;
- Map out the import/export commodities volumes and main clients for each country and keep historical data in order to monitor market share and trends;
- Influence short and medium term plans for the Zambia//DRC region by ensuring that the Group CCO and General Managers have a clear understanding of market movements and trends, market prospects and probable business so that fleet capacity/availability and resources are aligned, and neither overwhelmed or underutilized;
- Identify the most profitable cargo mix throughout the year and gain this business for J&J Transport and/or affiliated companies.
- Communicate volume prospects, plans and solutions to enable J&J to provide optimal service;
- Maintain client records and rates in the Company information systems ensuring all relative documents filed, and verified rates created, and unrated trips cleared.
- Contribute to cash flow objectives by following up with client days sales outstanding;
- Maintain the sales pipeline in Company information systems;
- Liaise with other departments and business in case of service failures and assist in improving service
- Degree in Business and Administration, Shipping, Logistics and/or transport;
- 5 to 10 years senior experience, preferably in Transport and/or Logistics;
- Good understanding of the business and business needs;
- Excellent knowledge of information systems and MS Office;
- Age (minimum/maximum): 29-43
- English fluency, both written and spoken;
- Time availability.