Legal & Compliance Manager
J&J Transport Zambia Ltd - Lusaka, Lusaka
Reports to: General Manager
J&J Transport Zambia is recruiting a ZIALE qualified individual with a minimum of two years’ work experience that will assume overall responsibility for all legal, compliance and/or legislative matters for the Zambia office.
Individual must be highly driven, proactive and with a sense of urgency for strong delivery that can take the initiative and head up a legal department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all the legal and compliance aspects of the business;
- Management of accident cases, fines, theft, disciplinary process, ill health/ disability, local council and labour matters or any other relevant issues;
- Manage the Insurance portfolio for the Company and ensure that all company risks are insured in line with company policy;
- Conduct all court processes in liaison with external lawyers and represent the Company cases at the court, whenever necessary;
- Manage entire HSES component, and report on performance of the HSES function to top management for review as a basis for improvement;
- Manage and conduct regular and ad hoc risk assessments and HSES audits.
- ZIALE qualified with degree in Law;
- Experience required of minimum 2 years, preferably in Transport and/or International Company;
- Age (minimum): 28 years;
- Thorough knowledge of Zambian Law;
- Good understanding of the Business and Business needs;
- Time availability (whenever needed to cover emergencies, including travel);
- Driving License preferentially with experience on driving.