Japan Tobacco International - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
JTI Leaf Zambia Limited (JTI) is a tobacco leaf subsidiary of Japan Tobacco Incorporated, a leading international tobacco product manufacturer operating in 130 countries. Operating in Zambia since 2010, JTI has operations in Chipata, Kaoma and Lusaka where it supports and procures tobacco leaf from over 7,000 small scale and commercial farmers.
JTI invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced people to fill the following vacant position in Zambia
Procurement Associate, Lusaka (x1)
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Associate will be responsible for
- Developing and reviewing procurement policies in line with the company requirements and legal framework, as well as JTI Operating Guidelines.
- Performing all purchasing activities for Non-Tobacco spend of goods and services for the country operations and supervise and coordinate purchasing activities of Zambia Leaf field offices.
- Traveling to JTI field sites throughout Zambia will be required at least on a quarterly basis.
- Ensuring timely and quality delivery of products and services by suppliers and providing feedback to user departments accordingly.
- Sourcing and evaluating suppliers of G&A and Non-Tobacco raw materials, conduct bidding and negotiations in close coordination with the user departments (Agronomy, Leaf Logistics etc..).
- Having Purchase Orders (PO) authorized in line with company policies and maintain filing systems for all purchasing documents in line with company policies and procedures. Prior to creating a PO, to ensure that a fully approved Business Approval Process (BAP) exists for instances required by JTI 5.Operating Guidelines, as well as local BAPs in line with local Zambia Approval Matrix, a proper account assignment is used in the Purchase Requisition (PR), and PR approval is as per company approval limits.
- Receiving invoices via the indirect route of the Standard Invoice Channel and send to BSC.
- Creating and maintaining the list of vendors that cannot comply with the Standard Invoice Channel.
- Enforcing usage of the SAP Catalogue for all repetitive and quantifiable Materials and Services.
- Checking the correct Material Group has been selected in the PR/Shopping Cart.
- Monitoring compliance with Legal and Regulatory requirements in the Purchasing Process.
- A minimum of Advanced Diploma in Purchasing and Supply, Degree or higher in Purchasing and Supply is an added advantage.
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- Three (3) years’ experience in purchasing and supply.
- Experience in SAP.
- Good customer relation skills.
All interested candidates that meet the requirements should submit your application before 30 December 2018.