District Capacity Building Officer
Jhpiego - Location: Eastern Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Position Reports To: Provincial Coordinator
Location: Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga & Southern Province.
Jhpiego seeks a District Capacity Building Officer (DCBO) who will oversee technical assistance efforts in a project district for an upcoming U.S. government-funded integrated health system technical assistance project. The project aims to improve the capacity of the public health system to sustainably deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) services across four provinces of Zambia. The project will operate over a five-year period. The DCBO will provide technical assistance to district level governmental and nongovernmental agencies to improve their capacity to deliver quality services. He/she will represent the project at the district level.
This position is contingent upon award from USAID.
- Serve as the project focal person in a district.
- Nurture relationships with district health office (DHO) and other stakeholders involved in health system strengthening efforts
- Participate in strategic meetings in the district to provide support in planning, budgeting, and monitoring of RMNCAH&N services
- Provide technical assistance to DHO to identify best practices and plan for scale up and sustainability.
- Oversee the identification and coordination of technical assistance efforts in the district to improve quality of services, improve financial management, strengthen HMIS, and increase community engagement.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual project reports
- Identify cost share/leveraging opportunities at the district level.
- Perform or assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience in facilitation and advocacy with various levels of stakeholders and policy makers.
- Knowledge of major RMNCAH&N best practices with a strong understanding of Zambia health care system
- Experience working in integrated programming through the continuum of care from household through community to hospital
- Ability to skillfully represent RMNCAH&N at district health office meetings.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating with other implementing partners
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Excellent writing, data collection, analysis and reporting skills
- Fluency in English
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to travel around Zambia up to 30% of time
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system and applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; and PowerPoint.