Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national level, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Jhpiego invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions .The successful candidates selected for these positions will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
SENIOR MONITORING, EVALUATION AND RESEARCH OFFICER – (RE – ADVERTISED)
Overview: The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Officer will provide strategic leadership for the design, development and implementation of project-wide monitoring, evaluation and research systems for the HW 21 project; this includes the development of MER plans; design and implementation of data management, visualization and use systems; management of IRB processes and implementation of subsequent research activities. S/he will also work closely with the Knowledge Management Specialist (KMS) to implement project specific knowledge management initiatives. Through these systems the Specialist supports and influences program performance and quality improvement; providing evidence for program planning, monitoring implementation with participatory data review to inform course corrections and strategy change. S/he will be responsible for relationship management with key strategic information stakeholders especially MOH and key agency counterparts; capacity building, mentoring and management of data associates and other field level MER positions.
- Develop M&E plans/strategies detailing project specific routine monitoring activities, planned evaluations and personnel coordination and management.
- Design/adapt and revise Data Collection Tools (DCTs) and Data Management Systems in consultation with key program and technical personnel.
- Review and submit requests for routine monthly data verification exercises ensuring appropriate facilities are covered across all provinces and conduct quarterly data quality assessments covering all supported facilities annually.
- Recruitment and training of field personnel/survey team and fieldwork coordination.
- Coordinate data entry, cleaning and analysis of research/evaluation data sets.
- Organize and facilitate evaluation dissemination events with appropriate dissemination tools
- Identify case studies and success stories from project reports and activities.
- Support team members to review and rewrite case studies and success stories.
- Support knowledge asset identification, archiving and retrieval, following up with project team members to ensure organization KM tools are consistently used.
- Design and lead efforts to link facility-based quality improvement measurements and processes to project activities.
- Support data management and reporting for program quality assessments/initiatives e.g. SBMR.
- Support project team in the development of Donor reports (Quarterly, SAPR, APR, IPR) and other organization wide reporting requirements using DATIM, JADE and TRAINSMART.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the technical team and program counterparts on specific MER needs especially data use for programmatic decision-making.
- Liaise with the Senior Advisor to request MER technical assistance and other support as necessary to implement project activities.
- Master’s Degree in related field or equivalent.
- Experience in leading and implementing USG funded programs.
- Understanding of Donor regulations, compliance and reporting requirements.
- At least seven years of senior-level experience in successful field implementation and management of M&E programs in any of the following areas: maternal, newborn and child health; nutrition; family planning; malaria control; HIV/AIDS; or TB programs for public, private or NGO sector.
- Statistical software proficiency using: SPSS, STATA or Epi-Info.
- Quality improvement approaches to strengthen service delivery.
- Proven leadership skills and expertise in project management.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, supervisory and conflict management skills.
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills.
- Ability to supervise in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to achieve desired results.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Strong communication (writing and oral presentation) skills.