Fleet Coordinator x2
John Snow Inc - Location: Ndola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Central
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Fleet Coordinator (x2)
Position Type: Full Time
Location: (1) Kabwe and (1) Ndola
The Fleet Coordinator is a full-time position based in Kabwe. S/he will be responsible for assisting in Coordination of transport for the Province. This position will be responsible for adhering to all relevant JSI and USAID policies and regulations while maintaining smooth and efficient transport management for the Province as well as coordination with Lusaka and other Provinces. S/he will report directly to the Finance & Administration Manager. This is not a driver position.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for monitoring all project vehicles on Ctrack and report to the FAM where applicable
- Responsible for coordinating and requesting for waiver for vehicles where needed
- Responsible for monitoring Fuel/vehicle usage analysis and reconciliations and attending to any deviations from the expected normal consumption
- Review and approval of log sheets for all project fleet and hired vehicles
- Check and confirm vehicle that the weekly vehicle inspection weekly is adhered to by all drivers
- Ensure that the project Fuel Accounts are reconciled and replenished on time
- Coordinate travel schedules, trips/transport with and out of the Province for both Project fleet and hired vehicles
- Responsible for ensuring that the Vehicles, Motor Bikes, bicycles and Gen sets are well serviced and maintained
- Responsible at all times for ensuring that all fleet is adequately Insured, Road Taxes and other statutory payments made, repairs and services are done on time.
- Ensure vehicle, Motor Cycle and Bicycle policies are adhered to
- Any other tasks that may assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transport and Logistics or any Business related Degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ practical experience;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required;
- Ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner with all colleagues and vendors;
- Working knowledge and understanding of USAID transport policies and Federal Rules and Regulations is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision;
- Previous work experience with USAID and other donor-funded projects is highly preferred; or experience working with an INGO is an added advantage;
- Experience in vehicle tracking is an added advantage
- Highly proficient in common computer packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work;
Paying attention to detail is an essential advantage