Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates,mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Human Resources & Administrative Assistant (HR&AA) (x02)
Reporting to: HR Point Person for the Province / Provincial Operations Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Location: (1) Kabwe and (1) Ndola
The Human Resources & Administrative Assistant is a full-time position based in the provincial office. S/he will be expected to allocate 50% of their time on day-to-day HR administration and 50% on providing administrative and logistics support services to personnel of the SAFE provincial Office.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
HR Duties and Responsibilities;
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation and administration of the HR activities at provincial office;
- Undertake interviews call scheduling and other communications;
- Maintain a tracker for end of contracts, probation evaluations and annual performance assessment and ensure timely follow ups on staff due for evaluations/assessments;
- Assist with employee orientation, staff development, and training logistics and recordkeeping;
- Assist to prepare and manage welcome materials for new staff including: orientation package, staff ID cards, business cards, office keys, telephone extensions and colleague contact information;
- Support with employee relations matters and benefits administration issues;
- Assist with Medical insurance employee registration and attend to queries
- In collaboration with the HR provincial supervisor, conduct employee induction and orientation;
- Work with finance on consultant contracts and documentation to ensure timely payments;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Administration Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management of travel arrangements for personnel and visiting headquarter staff (where applicable), including hotel bookings and airline reservations;
- Manage office filing system and handling official project documents confidentially;
- Set-up and maintain a computerized tracking sheet for all correspondence sent from personnel to other staff and partners;
- Help in the organization of conferences/retreats with maintaining schedules and ordering food;
- Assist to arrange and coordinate staff retreats and office events; and
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Business/Public Administration, HR, Office Management or any related field;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines;
- Ability to manage office equipment like computers, fax machines and projectors;
- Good record filing and secretarial skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software;
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.