John Snow Inc - Location: Zambia, North-Western
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counselling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Operations Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Regional Director
The Operations Specialist is a full-time position based in the Solwezi Office. S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the Provincial Office operations. S/he works in close coordination with the Regional Director, Operations Director and the Procurement Director to oversee Office Administration, Fleet, Inventory and Information Technology for the Regional Office. This Position directly supervises the Assistants Administration Office, IT Officer and lead Driver.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Provincial Office. This includes IT, Office Administration and Fleet.
- Ensure that all staff advance documents and advance reconciliations are reviewed, correct and submit to the Lusaka Office in a timely manner for processing
- Oversee the management of petty cash for the regional office in line with JSI policies and procedures
- Ensure smooth working environment in the Office
- Provide oversight for all fleet and transport related activities and ensure adequate internal systems and controls are implemented to ensure the effective management of fleet security and maintenance, fuel usage, coordination and overall supervision of drivers etc.
- Oversee the management of Provincial Office inventory to ensure that all inventory listings are maintained accurately and up to date as per USAID and JSI guidelines. Establish checks and procedures at sites and offices to ensure inventory records are maintained up to date.
- Ensure that all standard documentation requirements are audit ready in all project offices in the area of Administration and Fleet.
- Oversee the management of office administration, maintaining systems to ensure adequate tracking and monitoring of office maintenance contracts, administrative services and utilities, office stationary and supplies etc.; ensuring that vendor billing is promptly reconciled and submitted to Lusaka for payment.
- Coordinate all Provincial Procurements and submission to Lusaka Office for further processing.
- Work in collaboration with the Lusaka Finance Office to ensure that vendors payments are made in a timely manner
- Supervise and provide leadership in Admin, Fleet and IT in the Regional Office.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Regional Director and the Operations Director
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree/Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and eager to work in a fast-paced multicultural organisation
- A minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience in administration and operations
- Experience in management of U.S. assistance programs of similar size, complexity and setting preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and working with program technical staff to ensure resources are used efficiently and to accurately account for expenditures
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office