John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates,mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Provincial Logistics Officer
Position Type: Full Time
The Provincial Logistics Officer is a full-time position based in the three provincial offices: Kabwe, Ndola and Solwezi. S/he will be responsible for assisting in logistics and procurement for the provincial office. This position will be responsible for adhering to all relevant JSI and USAID policies and regulations while maintaining smooth and efficient procurement activities for the office. S/he will follow the procurement process from receiving purchase request through delivery of the goods or services required for project functionality. S/he will report directly to the Finance & Administration Manager.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Consolidate all user department requirements for goods and services, and prepare an annual procurement plan for goods and services, which will also be updated on a quarterly basis;
- Receive procurement requests from user departments and clarify items specification with user department;
- Prepare and release requests for quotations in coordination with user departments, and JSI policies;
- Evaluate quotation/bids received and prepare evaluation documentation for procurement files, including recommendation of vendors to user departments and/or the Procurement Manager;
- Prepare all vendors contract documents such as Local Purchase Orders (LPO);
- Follow up on JSI orders with contracted vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services, cultivating vendor relationships and ensuing product availability for user departments;
- Work closely with the accounts department to ensure timely payments to vendors for all JSI contracts; as necessary escalate any issues that arise to heads of units and/or the Procurement Manager;
- Monitor supplier performance and follow up with vendors on performance issues as needed;
- Maintain a comprehensive filing system for auditable records for all procurement documentations;
- Maintain the LPO tracking sheet and make sure it is updated on weekly basis;
- In collaboration with Finance and Admin Manager, manage the VAT exemption letter requests;
- In collaboration with accounting unit, assist in managing JSI’s office inventory and ensure the inventory list on Asset Guard application is up to date;
- Manage inventory and physical verification for all equipment in facilities and clinic sites in the province; and
- Any other tasks that may assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in logistics and a minimum of a diploma in procurement or related services;
- A minimum of 5 years practical procurement experience;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required;
- Experience and knowledge of tax authority;
- Ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner with all colleagues and vendors;
- Working knowledge and understanding of USAID procurement policies and Federal Rules and Regulations
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision;
- Previous work experience with USAID and other donor-funded projects highly preferred; or experience working with an INGO is an added advantage;
- Highly proficient in common computer packages (eg. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work;
- Paying attention to detail is an essential advantage; and
- Must adhere and be able to maintain confidentiality for all company and staff proprietary matters.