John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counselling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Provincial Operations Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Location: (1) Ndola and (1) Kabwe
Reports to: Regional Director
The Provincial Operations Manager is a full-time position based in the Ndola (Copperbelt) and Kabwe (Central Province) offices. S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the Regional Office operations. S/he works in close coordination with the Regional Director, Operations Director and the Procurement Director to oversee Office Administration, Fleet, Inventory, Procurement and Information Technology for the Provincial Office. This Position directly supervises the Senior Administration Officer, IT Officer, Fleet Coordinator and Procurement Officer.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the Regional Director with daily Regional program management, contributing to program decision-making by providing input on operations, fleet, IT, Procurement and general administrative status of the program.
- Collaborate with the Provincial Finance Manager, and other personnel and technical teams to ensure coherence between programmatic activities and operational provisions.
- Work in collaboration with the Operations Director in addressing Provincial Office contract-related issues with all vendors, ensuring that JSI and USAID policies and regulations are being adhered to.
- Ensure smooth working environment in the Provincial Offices
- Provide oversight for all fleet and transport related activities and ensure adequate internal systems and controls are implemented to ensure the effective management of fleet security and maintenance, fuel usage, coordination and overall supervision of drivers etc.
- Ensure that all standard documentation requirements are audit ready in all project offices in the area of Administration, Fleet, Procurement and IT.
- Oversee the management of Regional inventory to ensure that all inventory listings are maintained accurately and up to date as per USAID and JSI guidelines. Establish checks and procedures at sites and offices to ensure inventory records are maintained up to date.
- Supervise the management of office administration, maintaining systems to ensure adequate tracking and monitoring of office maintenance contracts, administrative services and utilities, office stationary and supplies etc.; ensuring that vendor billing is promptly reconciled and paid.
- Supervise the regional Procurement unit to ensure that all procurement is conducted as per USAID and JSI guidelines
- Work in collaboration with the Provincial Finance Manager and the Lusaka Finance Office to ensure that vendors payments are made in a timely manner
- Supervise and provide leadership in Admin, Fleet, Procurement and IT in the Provincial Office.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Regional Director and the Operations Director
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public/Business Administration, Management, Finance or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and eager to work in a fast-paced multicultural organization
- A minimum ten (10) years’ experience in administration and operations management
- Experience with U.S. assistance programs of similar size, complexity and setting preferred.
- Experience in U.S. government cost principles, rules and regulations and application of these in program decision-making
- Demonstrated experience supporting and working with program technical staff to ensure resources are used efficiently and to accurately account for expenditures
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office