Senior HSEQ Officer
Juba Transport Limited - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Senior HSEQ Officer
- To monitor hazards using different instruments e.g. Scientific.
- Perform routine work by checking locations like factories and workshops that have the potential to be unsafe for human usage.
- To report findings to decision makers and regulatory officials and sometimes develop recommendations on how to improve the conditions of an environment to reduce or avoid hazards
- Tape measuring device
- Alcohol meter
- Noise measuring device
- Light measuring device
- Safety cones (......Emergency First Aid Box
- Hazard identification and risk management
- Incident investigation and route cause analysis
- Management leadership and commitment
- Risk assessment
- Ensure all HSEQ systems and processes are appropriately followed and documented, implemented and communicated using the most appropriate methods.
- Actively participates in all performance reviews with management
- Provide environmental focused leadership across the company.
- Develops for consideration and acceptance by management, a comprehensive strategic plan and road map for the HSEQ function that aligns to the overall business strategy of the company and provides a framework for the company to achieve a safety first approach and zero harm outcomes.
- Ensure the HSEQ function consistently and constantly complies with all health and safety and safety policies and legislative requirements.
- Ensure daily safety talks are conducted and documented and supports the duties of HSE reps and HSE committee
- Determines the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line Management) for the continuous improvement of the company sites HSEQ management program and system.
- Advises line Management and assists with the implementation of new or existing HSEQ related legislation, rules and company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspection of company and contractors site.
- To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure maintained of the same.
- To investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
- To develop a monthly HSEQ communication Strategy for all sites and levels of stuff, to include written confirmation, tool box talks and Management briefs.
- Full responsibility for company for annual H&S audits and Quality assurance.
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations.
- Advises line Management on workshops, office and on site of health , safety, quality and environmental matters and manages this process to ensure all advise is incorporated into day to day processes and operations.
- Provide support and expertise to line Management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lightening, exposure chemicals.
- Grade twelve school certificate
- Degree/Diploma in Health and Safety Management
- Minimum of 3 Years working Experience
- Technical skills
- Leadership & Behavioural Skills
- Team Player
- Achievements- ISO, Route Risk Assessment, etc
- Member Zambia Occupation Health and Safety Association.
- Familiar with Transport Business