Kafue Child Development Agency - Location: Kafue, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Job Title: Programmes Officer
Reports to: Federation Manager
Job Location: Kafue
Working as a senior member of a diverse team who are committed to serve the vulnerable with practical and compassionate care, the Programmes Officer manages the implementation and coordination of the designated field life stage project level, providing leadership, strategic direction and monitoring of all aspects of current and future projects, the Programmes Officer also plays a key role in liaison with local authorities and other relevant stakeholders. The core purpose of this position is to facilitate community engagement, build and strengthen local partnerships, enhance community and partner capacity, and strengthen community-led initiatives to improve and sustain the well-being of children and families. Overall, the Programme Officer works collaboratively with the Federation Manager on aspect of leadership, management and security of the programme and team.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Grade twelve (12) Certificate
- A Degree in Development Studies, Rural Development, Project Management, Agriculture, Health, Social work or related discipline
- At least six (6) years work experience in implementing integrated projects preferred
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and facilitating groups and trainings
- Demonstrated experience in human relations is required.
- Has a working knowledge of project management: project planning and management.
- Hand-on in participatory Community development approaches; mobilization and capacity building.
- Experience working with nongovernmental and community-based organizations.
- Must be highly reliable and independent, able to work with minimal supervision under pressure.
- Possess well-developed networking abilities, and be able to interact well with children, adult communities, Area staff, and Community Parent’s Federation.
- Dynamic and result oriented.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language is a must
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft word, power point and outlook
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work under minimum supervision