Konnectconsult - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
- Manage timely and accurate financial, statutory and tax accounting processes and financial compliance for the company.
- Full accountability of local statutory, company reporting and tax books: – Sustain high standards on verification of assets and liabilities in the balance sheets, review and approve financial tax & statutory accounting schedules, ensure compliance to standardised accounting, reporting and financialsystems as well as policies and procedures.
- To ensure governance models are working and related processes are fully compliant with company and local policies / regulations
- Financial Compliance, ensuring a good internal controls framework & ultimately accountable for following through on all relevant compliance issues;
- Accountable to coordinate Tax audits and external audits. Facilitating role for internal audits and incase of findings accountable to ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Supporting the functions budgeting exercise – creating scenarios and modelling KPIs
- Responsible to create and maintain effective control on costs.
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Meet all local statutory and tax requirements
- No significant external and tax audit issues
- Effective governance model in place facilitating effective company and local compliance
- Strong communication and relation with local management and other stakeholders
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Good understanding of local Generally Accepted Accounting Policies
- Good understanding of legal entity governance framework
- Good understanding of business end to end processes and internal controls necessary to safeguardthe Company’s assets.
- Local tax rules
- Experience in working in multi-national organizations (ideally with matrix structure) with emphasis oncommunicating and decision making with demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Qualified Accountant i.e. CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years experience in relevant roles
- Keen demonstrated strengths in unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness.
- Experience in working in multi national organizations with emphasis on communicating and decisionmaking with demonstrated ability to work under pressure. Must be motivated by interdependency.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Credible with local senior management and comfortable with expressing his views or putting alternatepoint of view in a constructive way.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a good sense for business – Understanding business
Critical leadership capabilities
- Manages team for Performance while ensuring high standards
- Service Mindset
- Ability to communicate with diverse senior stakeholders
- Creating effective network inside and outside of the company