Living Water International Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organisation that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water in Africa is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Office, based in Lusaka for the position of Finance Manager:
Reporting to: Country Director
- Manage the annual budgeting process for the Country Office
- Leadership and Management of grants from participation in proposals development, filling grants planning models; reviewing all grant contracts for new projects; updating the budgets and monitoring of the utilization and performance of the grants.
- Manage the day-to-day finance processes, procedures for the Country office, including finance disbursements, cash receipts, banking, payments and other finance related tasks.
- Responsible for the proper documentation of all Finance records for the office; effective filing and documentation of all financial transactions.
- Ensure strict compliance to statutory, national and LWI finance policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensure that the Living Water International computerized accounting system (QuickBooks) is maintained by making accurate entries for all expenses.
- Responsible for the preparation of all monthly financial management reports including all reconciliations, income and expenditure, Budget Vs. Actual (BvA) and accounts payables.
- Support the External Audit processes for the Country office and conduct Internal Audit checks by undertaking monthly tests of transactions from the different departments.
- Ensure that the country program has sufficient funds always through timely preparations and submission of monthly fund requests.
- Review all payments for completeness and accuracy before Country Director’s approval and ensure timely payments are done.
- Advise the Country Director and country staff on all matters of finance, budget and taxes
- Prepare and present Monthly management reports to SMT and periodic reports to the Board
- Ensure compliance to LWI procurement policy from planning to implementation and ensure the stores are well managed.
- Responsible for Vendor management and ensure contracts are in place as well all documentation for payment of goods and services.
- Responsible for all Finance staff and interns in the country office.
- Perform other tasks as required by the Country Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Finance/Business Administration – Finance or equivalent;
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and ACCA or any other technical qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ Financial experience
- Knowledge of and working experience with QuickBooks accounting system
- Proven skills in managing several roles at the same time
- Experience in managing a team
- Attention to detail
- Highly proficient in English
- Communicating orally/Presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.