Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Living Water International Zambia - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organisation that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water in Africa is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Office, based in Lusaka for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer:
Reporting to: Country Director
- Ensure data is collected and entered systematically, timely and accurately
- Validate data and conduct analyses for purposes of reporting and dissemination of the key findings to key stakeholders
- Verify and collate reports from the WPAs and participate in final report writing for internal and external circulation to donors and other stakeholders as required
- Build an M&E strategy for performance monitoring, impact evaluation and knowledge management.
- Writing Country office level annual, quarterly and monthly plans and reports within the National Strategic Framework.
- Support Country teams in Strategic, Annual and periodic planning
- Ensuring implementation of LWI quality standards and guidelines in the WASH Program Area (WPA).
- Ensuring adherence with tools and protocols for concept notes, proposals, designs and M&E systems.
- Reviewing and or coordinating reviews of concept notes, proposals, design documents and reports before their submissions to the Country Office.
- Maintaining the database of all final concept notes, proposal, design documents and reports for programs and projects submitted.
- In collaboration with the National Team, ensuring quality standards for measurement of project impact and program excellence are followed.
- Maintaining links with other organizations for collaboration, networking, resource sharing, material development of materials and learning activities.
- Facilitating programs and projects to undertake community assessments, capacity building programs and follow-up and impact monitoring.
- Implementing M&E training programs for staff that will enhance and develop skills required to perform their jobs in assessment, design, monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Developing, producing or sourcing appropriate community training materials or manuals.
- Together with Operations, implementing an innovative, effective system for building capacity in operations and maintenance.
- Employing and integrating guidelines and tools for gender, environment, disability and children rights in WASH programming.
- Defining characteristics of best practices for the country and building WPA capacity to identify and share best practices.
- Documenting and sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Championing high quality and best practices at national and program area level.
- Implementing key community capacity building to contribute to water supply, hygiene and sanitation promotion efforts and Christian witness aimed at transformational development at WPA level.
- Participating in research and design of best community mobilization and involvement guidelines and practices.
- Strengthening and maintaining collaborative and strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in both Government and Non-Government Agencies.
- Undertake and promote integration of Kingdom Values in sectoral programming.
- Attend and participate in the leadership of daily devotions and weekly services.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in one of the following; Water Engineering, Sociology, Public Health, Community Development or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ field experience managing monitoring and evaluation work in an International Non-Governmental Organization or other reputable organizations
- Thorough understanding and experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including sampling, survey design, data analysis, and application of these methods to project monitoring and evaluation standards in water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Hands on experience in baselines, monitoring, evaluations and studies.
- Strong writing and speaking skills, interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills, systematic thinking and self-knowledge
- Experience in preparing and controlling budgets and composing informative technical documents
- Must have proven data analysis skills in any two of the Data Analysis packages such as Excel, SPSS/STATA, ATLAS etc.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal is a MUST
- Ability to work well as a team and lead a team effectively
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office packages
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus