Artisan Heavy Equipment Repair
Lubambe Copper Mine - Lusaka, Lusaka
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
ARTISAN HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR (HER)
The fleet is mainly Sandvik, Epiroc and Caterpillar.
This position reports to the Foreman Mobile Equipment Maintenance.
Purpose of the Position:
To ensure mobile mining equipment is maintained in a safe, proactive and cost-effective manner by utilising all resources for intended purposes within the allocated period.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Carry out all maintenance works on electro-hydraulic/Mechanical drill rigs, Dump Trucks, loaders or general services machines including rebuilds
- Carryout mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic components repairs as required
- Carry out condition monitoring functions as required on the assigned machines
- Root cause analysis of any failures on equipment & recommend solutions
- Promote good working relations between operations and maintenance
- Required to adhere to all policies, procedures and statutory regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as human resources and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the roles and responsibilities of the position
Qualifications and Experience
- Craft certificate or better in Heavy Equipment Repairs (HER) or any other equivalent field under mechanical engineering from a recognised Institution.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in maintenance of underground mining drill rigs, loaders and dump trucks.
- Specialised knowledge and experiences in specific equipment system such as engines or drifters will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of power or auto electrical will be added advantage
- Experience in operation and testing of equipment including manual transmission LDVs will be added advantage
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)