Community Liaison Officer – Recruitment
Lubambe Copper Mine - Lusaka, Lusaka
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER – RECRUITMENT – 1 POSITION
This position reports to the Corporate Social Responsibility – Superintendent.
CORE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To coordinate community employment issues, effectively communicate with community and enhance good relations between Lubambe and the communities around the Mining area .
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Ensure all recruitment documents and internal transactions are managed and processed in a timely manner
- Communicate with and respond to all enquiries from the community in relation with recruitment
- Use systems to maintain and update all HR documents in relation to recruitment
- Maintain good rapport with the community through regular contacts and communication on community employment matters.
- Prepare weekly activity reports on recruitment
- Knowledge of contemporary recruitment
- Demonstrated sound organisational skills and attention to details
- Demonstrated sound administrative skills in human resource management
- At least 3 years working experience in community related work
- Experience in recruitment
Professional and Academic Qualifications:
- A Diploma / Degree in Human Resource Management or related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as work with minimal supervision as required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in Bemba
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality regarding all HR issues