Lubambe Copper Mine Limited - Location: Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENIST ( x1)
This position reports to the SHE Manager
CORE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Occupational hygienist will be responsible for ensuring that there are measures in place to maintain a healthy workplace environment by identifying, evaluating, developing control measures and monitoring quality of occupational environment.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Conduct occupational Health risk assessments
- Conduct occupational health monitoring
- Co-ordinate activities aimed at preventing occupational Health Related diseases
- Co-ordinate health surveillance audits
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum Diploma in occupational Health and safety
- Diploma in Environmental Health
- Diploma in Public Health
- Minimum 10 years work experience in large operation (preferably Mining)
- Ability to work under pressure