Registered Nurse x3
Lubambe Copper Mine - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
This position reports to the Advanced Life Support Paramedic.
Purpose of this position
To provide safe and competent care through the application of nursing knowledge, the technical aspects of professional practice and the demonstration of compassion, professionalism and respect.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- To treat and refer patients in the primary health care and trauma setting.
- To advise on the prevention of malaria and the treatment thereof with after treatment monitoring.
- HIV Aids counselling and testing.
- Transfer of critically ill and injured employees to referred hospitals.
- Aid primary care paramedics when attending to patients.
- Able to complete technical paperwork for patients with regards to details of medical conditions, illness or injury for business reporting purposes.
- the provision of other education such as diabetes
- Additional duties as directed by paramedic which may include medical audits
- A requirement to work on a rotating shift
- Conduct company pre-employment medicals as instructed for newly recruited staff members
Professional Qualifications and experience:
- Registered Nurse (Diploma in Nursing).
- Grade 12 certificate
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience.
- Experience in mining environment or working with mining company will be an added advantage
- Valid driver’s license (able to drive a manual vehicle)
- Must have good interpersonal relations, caring, able to handle stressful situations and be hardworking.
- Must be mature, self-motivated and of sober habits.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Good written and communication skills