Lusaka Golf Club - Lusaka, Lusaka
Lusaka Golf Club is looking for an experienced Marketing Officer who is willing to contribute to the continued success of a progressive and innovative organization. As a key member of the management team, the Marketing Officer will establish and guide the strategy for an integrated, multi-channel marketing and communications plan, including email, website, social media, and print, that consistently articulates the Club’s mission and aligns with the Club’s strategic plan.
The Marketing Officer will be responsible for ensuring that Club communications are current, consistent, accurate, and promote the appropriate vision for member retention, relevance and recruitment. The Marketing Officer will report directly to the Club Manager and will be responsible for taking on a variety of tasks that allow for the successful completion of planned marketing programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide progressive leadership to Club marketing, with an emphasis on developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the marketing programs across the Club’s audiences in collaboration with Club constituents.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print, digital, and social media platforms to maximize member communications and digital collateral, including website, social media, newsletters, brochures, and Club bulletin boards.
- Assist in development and execution of promotions and packages for purpose of filling identified need periods and generating incremental Club revenue.
- Develop overarching sponsorship strategies and oversee execution.
- Promote and coordinate corporate and charity events.
- Assist in driving membership recruitment and retention.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local golf courses and businesses.
- Perforrn all other duties deerned by managernent to be an integral part of the job
Qualification and Requirements
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of 6 “O” levels.
- Degree in Marketing or any other related disciplines such as Business Administration, Economics, or Commerce from a reputable University.
- Post-graduate qualification Such as MBA frorn a reputable University will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of marketing experience, covering areas such as website and social media content, newsletters, and member communications.
- Proven ability to develop and implernent a marketing and cornmunications plan, assess its success, and make improvements.
- Sincere cornrnitment to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, Executive Committee, and members
- Passion for the power of social media marketing and communications with a focus on innovation and continuous improvement
- High energy maturity and leadership w ith the ability to elicit communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Experience working with membership of similar structures preferred
- Valid driving license
- Member of Zambia Institute of Marketing