A/C & Refrigeration Technician
Lusaka Grand Hotel - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Refrigeration Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Refrigeration Technicians must complete various tasks pertaining to the operation of refrigeration systems. The core Refrigeration Technician duties and responsibilities.
- Install New Refrigeration Systems
- As the Refrigeration Technicians will typically be responsible for installing climate-control systems, and some other specialized in this area.
- They will need to be knowledgeable about all components of these systems, read blueprints and schematics, understand compliance standards, know local building codes and apply welding and soldering techniques as required.
- Repair and Upgrade Refrigeration Systems
- A primary responsibility of the A/C & Refrigeration Technician will be to diagnose problems and make repairs to existing equipment. Refrigeration Technicians apply troubleshooting methods, replace parts and run tests to ensure the systems is working properly following repairs. The Technician will be required also to upgrade systems to satisfy new regulations or meet new standards.
- Maintain Existing Refrigeration Systems.
Refrigeration Technician Skills
The candidates must posses the following skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- They should have the ability to work both independently and in teams as needed.
- Good math, communication and basic computer skills are also essential for Refrigeration Technicians.
- They should be in good physical condition, as this job will require that they lift and carry equipment and stand, kneel or stoop for long periods of time.
- should have worked with a reputable or known hotel.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the Capacity of A/C & Refrigeration Technician
- Must hold a diploma in the relevant field.