Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Marie Stopes Zambia - Location: Ndola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) is a results-focused social enterprise, which uses modern marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare. MSZ is part of the global network that is Marie Stopes International (MSI). MSZ subscribes to the MSI goal and mission, which is to prevent unwanted births and to ensure the individual’s right to Children by Choice not Chance.
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully support the concept of Child Protection, zero tolerance for fraud and bribery and comply with and promote and live MSI CORE VALUES.
Purpose: The sales representative is responsible for the success and sustainability of MSI’s sales and distribution function. In this capacity, this person ensures the attainment of MSI’s strategic goals by focusing on the effective and efficient use of commercial and semi-commercial sales and distribution structures for increasing access to sexual and reproductive health products. The person is also expected to ensure good collaboration and coordination with key internal and external stakeholders. The position will involve extensive domestic travel.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- A minimum of a College Diploma in Commerce or in Business Administration
- A minimum of two years’ post qualification experience in Sales and Marketing, preferably from the telecoms, pharmaceutical or reproductive healthcare industry
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of pharmaceutical and reproductive health care products
- Understanding and working knowledge of the major policies/issues related to sales and marketing of drugs and pharmaceutical products.
- Track record in achieving sales, financial and non-financial targets
- Good interpersonal/communication skills – both oral and written
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to interpret verbal, written and numerical data
- Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas, concepts
- Negotiation skills
- Flair for sales
- Pro-private healthcare
- Keen to pursue personal development
- Able to travel extensively
Note: MSI takes a zero tolerance approach to fraud and bribery, terrorism, money laundering, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct or any safeguarding issues. Applicants will be subjected to a Police Clearance Check and Reference Checks.