Human Resource Advisor Learning and Development
Mary’s Meals - Chipata, Eastern
To support the Head of Human Resources and People Development in driving the organisations’ L&D strategy across Mary’s Meals Zambia as it strives to become a learning organisation. The best fit will be responsible for identifying gaps in employee knowledge and training needs and using this information to source and coordinate relevant training courses and monitor employees’ progression throughout to build the capacity of Mary’s Meals Zambia.
- Support the Head of Human Resources and People Development to operationalise the Mary’s Meals Zambia L&D strategy.
- Support the Head of Human Resources and People Development to identify training and development needs within the organisation through job analysis, Personal Development Reviews and regular consultation with the line managers.
- Research and design training programs including sourcing relevant materials and or external providers as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Head of Human Resources and People Development and the Mary’s Meals
- International Head of L&D– implement training and development solutions designed to drive high performance.
- Work with the Head of Human Resources and People Development to ensure all L&D policies, procedures and processes are up to date.
- Organise and coordinate both inhouse and offsite staff training and development programs to meet identified development needs for Mary’s Meals Zambia.
- In conjunction with the Human Resource Advisor L&D at Mary’s Meals International, implement a training and development process to ensure that appropriate development needs are met on a timely and cost-effective basis.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Human Resources and People Development and the Mary’s Meals International Head of L&D to ensure seamless delivery of L&D.
- Work closely with the Head of Human Resources and People Development and HR Advisor (Operations) to enhance the pipeline of future talent.
- Assess the success of employee’s development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Assist and coach line managers in solving specific training problems for staff up to supervisory level in partnership with the HR Advisor (Operations).
- Support the HR Advisor (Operations) to ensure a fit for purpose induction program.
- Manage the annual training calendar.
- Deliver high quality training within agreed budget.
- Liaise with outsourced training providers to manage delivery of training courses
- Provide administration support around attendance at training courses.
- Effectively manage the central booking and facilities arrangements of all learning.
- Coordinate the production of training materials for in-house courses.
- Maintain training records for all Mary’s Meals Zambia staff.
- Maintain training attendance records and staff feedback for all Mary’s Meals Zambia run training.
Evaluation, Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure all training courses are evaluated using agreed measures.
- Utilise information from the evaluation process to identify areas for improvement.
- Monitoring training programme and advising management on the relevancy.
- Develop and monitor service level agreements with external and internal training resources.
Provide reports on key L&D metrics to the Head of Human Resources and People Development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
- Relevant degree in the Social Sciences
- Membership of the ZIHRM a must.
- At least 3 years’ experience working within a similar learning and development environment
- Demonstrates up to date knowledge of effective L&D methods
- Proven experience in delivering training
- Proven experience in developing L&D policies, practices and systems
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Proven experience delivering training within tight budget constraints
- A creative and innovative thinker
- Experience of delivering training in a not for profit and/or a global organisation
- Proficient in Learning Management System (LMS) and e-learning platforms and practices
- Demonstrable experience or qualification in Coaching and Mentoring