MaryBegg Community Clinic - Location: Ndola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia, Copperbelt
POSITION: General Surgeon – (1)
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The surgeon is responsible for delivering a high standard of surgical care before, during or after a surgical procedure in the operating theatre (OT) and in keeping with safe, patient-centred practices and outcomes.
Our surgeon carries out his/her duties professionally, consistently, ethically and in line with international best practice standards. He/she works closely with other multidisciplinary clinicians to provide comprehensive surgical care services at Mary Begg.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Comply with all MBCC standards for delivering high quality surgical care and where relevant, identify and/or design any surgical practice standards or procedures that are required.
- Follow established surgical technique during surgery that is in keeping with international standards of best practice.
- Provide compassionate, competent and safe surgical care at all times.
- Be responsible for all administrative duties and reporting as directed by the Chief Medical Officer and Clinic/ Hospital Manager.
- Attend regular clinic meetings (with the Chief Medical Officer / Medical Director) and medical committee meetings to report on and discuss issues relating to improvements in anaesthetic services and equipment.
- Be available for duty as rostered for normal shifts, on call shifts (defined as a standby period out of normal clinic hours), weekends and in case of emergencies.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- MMed in general Surgery
- Must have a Bachelor of Medicine and surgery (MBChB).
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology (B.Sc. HB).
- Must be registered and licenced with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ).
- Must have at least Two years post graduate experience.
- Excellent Judgement
- Critical thinking
- Problem Solving skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Service minded, time management and Quality care minded.