MaryBegg Community Clinic - Ndola, Copperbelt
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for the overall efficient operations and organisation of all MBCC clinic/hospital pharmacies. He/she is an expert in the field of pharmacy and is responsible for establishing standards of good practice. He/she monitors pharmacy performance and productivity in accordance with MBCC standards and national regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate and supervise all pharmacy department operations.
- Develop and maintain pharmacy services in accordance with government regulations and international standards of best practice.
- Complete annual performance reviews for all pharmacy employees in a timely manner.
- Assist Commercial Manager and Medical Director with the pharmacy input of the annual budget and submit capital expenditure requests as required.
- Review and update MBCC policies and procedures related to the pharmacy service every two years with support from the Quality Department.
- Responsible for the planning, supervision, coordination and successful execution of all activities related to the pharmacy’s operations.
- Supervise departmental staff hiring, orientation, staff workload, delegate assignments and training, evaluate performance and initiate corrective and disciplinary actions with guidance from Human Resources.
- Be available for duty as rostered for normal shifts, on call shifts (defined as a standby period out of normal clinic hours), weekends and in case of emergencies.
- Assuring that all prescription drugs and controlled substances are safe and secure in the pharmacy
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or country equivalent.
- Post Graduate qualification is an advantage but not essential.
- Must be registered and licenced with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ
- Must have at least Two years experience working as the Head of Pharmacy in a busy clinic or hospital.
- Must have good administrative skills with strong management sense.
- Ability to work independently, pay careful attention to detail and manage multiple tasks in a fastpaced environment.
- Strong Communication. Interpersonal & Influencing Skill