Mercury Lines Limited - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
The Logistics Manager is a full-time position based in Lusaka. She/he will be responsible for assisting in the Coordination of a Fleet of Trucks. She/he will report directly to the Operations Manager. This is not a driver position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for monitoring all vehicles on the GPS platform and report to the Operations Manager where applicable.
- Responsible for monitoring Fuel/vehicle usage analysis and reconciliations and attending to any deviations from the expected normal consumption
- Coordinate schedules, trips/transport with and out of the Province for both Project fleet
- Responsible for ensuring that the Vehicles and Gen sets are well serviced and maintained
- Responsible at all times for ensuring that all fleet is adequately Insured, Road Taxes and other statutory payments made, repairs and services are done on time.
- Ensure vehicle, Motor Cycle and Bicycle policies are adhered to
- Any other tasks that may assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Transport and Logistics or other field
- A minimum of 3 years’ practical experience in a management position
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required
- Ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner
- Working knowledge and understanding of SAGE 300 is an added advantage
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision
- Experience in vehicle tracking is an added advantage
- Highly proficient in common computer packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work