It all begins with active personal involvement – curiosity. Why can’t things be done differently, better or maybe simpler? Over the years, curiosity builds knowledge.
We utilize knowledge and hands-on attitude to make the big difference to our customers. Be part of a friendly and professional team in a global workplace. With us, you will be working with world-leading process industry solutions in a result-driven and respectful culture.
Job posting end date: 01/30/2019
A position has become available for a Regional Technical Sales Support Engineer, Central Africa – Mill Lining Solutions based in Kitwe, Zambia.
Job Title: Regional Technical Sales Support Engineer, Central Africa – Mill Lining solutions.
Business Unit: Consumables Business Line (CNS)
Reports to: CNS Technical Sales Support Manager, AME region
Location: Kitwe, Zambia
This position assures a high competence to give adequate specialist product and application support within Metso, and towards end users. Primary activities will include product support of the mill lining portfolio, technical/field support, application and process support, warranty support, and price support.
The Product Support Engineer will participate with, and assist, the MA sales team to develop a jointly owned product sales strategy and action plans for the related products for the specific market area.
In terms of high service and support level, the Product Support Engineer will liaise with the supply operations, Global PL functions and the MA sales team. In addition, the Product Support Engineer will conduct product training programs both internal and external. The Product Support Manager is considered an extension of the global PL Product Support role.
The Product Support Engineer should also, manage, plan and execute on site installation supervision, as well as process and performance inspections.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Drafting of Technical proposals and engineering support.
- Application and process support.
- Warranty support and problem solving.
- Installation and Inspection support on site.
- Market analyses regarding competitor activity market and pricing trends, etc.
- Pricing support to MA Sales team, and support and coordination on complex quotations.
- Product selection and product configuration support for complex applications as well as product line rules for service life guarantees, Product margin etc.
- Enhance MA team knowledge of the related products via regular product updates, technical support and competency development by providing internal product training programs.
- Enhance end customers knowledge of the related products by providing external product training programs.
- Implement the Global Product Line strategy with MA team. Regional Technical Support manager, will be an extension of Global Product line in the area.
- Assist MA to develop jointly owned MA Sales plans and implement strategies to achieve these.
- Work with the MA sales teams to identify new business opportunities on the related products.
- Establish and maintain a good company image by ensuring all Metso customer contact points get high competence application, process and up-to-date product support.
- Regularly travel with MA sales resources to present Technical proposals to support MA sales efforts.
- Plan end customer visits aligned with the MA sales team.
- Extensive travel within designated region, as well as international travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management from time to time.
Reports directly to CNS Technical Support Manager, AME region.
Daily operational reporting to MA Country Manager, Zambia.
- Customer Sales Relationship & Client Base
- Internal colleagues
Qualifications And Experience
- Diploma / Degree in Engineering or Metallurgy, or similar
- Minimum 5 plus years field experience from the related products
- Very high demand on up to date technical product specialist knowledge
- Very high demand on process and application knowledge
- Experience in complex matrix relationships
- High understanding of and experience of support role
- Familiarity with the broad range of Metso Grinding Equipment
- A strong understanding of core processes of the Metso customer base
- Position requires support management expertise, good customer relation skills, ability to work within a team environment, mechanical aptitude, creativity, innovation, and ability to see the larger picture.
- High sense of urgency and passion for service and support
- Supervision skills
- Strong relationship building skills, a bias for action and detail-oriented behaviors.
- A high level of computer skills is essential – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously, under stress and to meet deadlines.
- Must be capable of effectively and accurately working on several projects at one time, organizing and prioritizing tasks and working in a fast- paced environment.
- Strong communication, co-operation, interpersonal and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces.
Skills And Abilities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, telefax, visits and movement through shops, and travel experiences.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, scaffolds at jobsites and customer facilities.
- Full drivers’ license with clean drivers record.
Please note that, should you not receive any response from us within 14 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful; we however thank you for your interest in our company.
Metso is a world-leading industrial company offering equipment and services for the sustainable processing and flow of natural resources in the mining, aggregates, recycling and process industries. With our unique knowledge and innovative solutions, we help our customers improve their operational efficiency, reduce risks and increase profitability. Metso is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki in Finland and had sales of about EUR 2.7 billion in 2017. Metso employs over 12,000 people in more than 50 countries.
metso.com , twitter.com/metsogroup