Technical Manager – Health, Safety & Environment
Mika Group of Hotels - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
Oversee the implementation of all Occupational, Health and Safety (OH&S), Environmental and Food Safety policies and procedures within areas under your jurisdiction as well as ensuring continuous training of all staff in OH&S, Environment and Food Safety
Policies and procedures
- Familiar with designing policies and procedures for Occupational, health and safety.
- Will be accountable for the implementation of all Mika Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures within your area of jurisdiction.
- Ensuring both client and company HSE policies and procedures are complied with should the site belong to the client other than Mika Construction Company.
- Carrying out audits on all Mika Group of Companies vehicles both Company and hired as prescribed by the vehicles regulations and any other relevant requirement using the prescribed forms
- Ensuring that initial audits are carried out on all vehicles both company and hired vehicles before they are allowed to work at any Mika Group of Companies location or sites, this must follow the prescribe vehicle audit sheet
- Ensuring that a register of all motor vehicles at all locations are maintained
- Ensuring that both company/client driving regulations are being enforced on both hired and company vehicles as per company policy and procedure
Personal Protective Equipments (PPE)
- Ensuring that all staff at all Mika Group of Companies locations or Sites are provided with the prescribed PPE as captured in the PPE matrix
- Following up and ensuring that all PPEs are in serviceable condition
- Ensure inspection of all PPEs is carried out to confirm if they meet the required standard at all times
- Review all audit reports to determine if audit criteria is being met
- Giving relevant suggestions to management on ways of improving H&S and document these suggestions for future reference
- Experience in Conducting pre-shift and weekly toolbox meetings are being organized at the locations and sites within your jurisdiction
- Should demonstrate capability to train employees in carrying out risk assessment/job hazard analysis on all jobs both old and new that are performed within the various Locations and maintain records of the same for future use subject to review.
- Familiar with construction permit applications with various Government, City and national regulatory institutions.
- Must ensure all suppliers are audited periodically as prescribed by the Company procedure
- Must ensure all new suppliers are audited and approved before being engaged
- Must review all supplier audit report to confirm if audit criteria is being met
- Must ensure outcome of all supplier audits are communicated to the proprietor and must follow up to ensure corrective/preventive actions are closed out
- Food Safety – Ensuring that staff are trained in Basic Food Hygiene and Intermediate Food Safety. All staff must be trained in Basic Food Hygiene regardless of the department they work. All food handlers, supervisors and managers must be trained in Intermediate Food Safety
- Ensuring that all training matrixes are update for all the locations within the jurisdiction at all times
- Training in maintenance procedures like LOTO, working at heights etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of a Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health, or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered
- Creative, self-motivated, proactive and confident
- Creative and able to be innovative
- Experience managing a diverse team and strong willingness to build capacity of local staff
- Knowledge in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety and Food safety
- Strong verbal and written communication skills