Health Systems Strengthening Coordinator
Ministry of Health - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
The Ministry of Health (MoH) through GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance seeks to address system bottlenecks to achieving better immunisation outcomes, including increased vaccination coverage and more equitable access to immunisation. MOH seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person to be appointed to the under listed position under this project.
Job Title: Health Systems Strengthening Coordinator (1)
Reports to: National Expanded Programme on Immunisation (NEPI) Manager
- Manages and coordinates effectively the implementation of HSS programme strategies in order to improve the delivery of immunisation and other child health services.
- Manages and coordinates effectively the development and implementation of an HSS Performance-Based Financing System in the target districts in order to improve immunisation and other child health outcomes.
- Manages and coordinates effectively the disbursement and utilisation of grants by sub-recipients in order to strengthen the capacity of integrated health systems to deliver immunisation and ensure adherence to financial regulations.
- Manages and coordinates timely the procurement and supply of goods, services and works in order to facilitate the implementation of programmes and activities.
- Manages and coordinates timely the collection, reporting, analysis and utillisation of immunisation and other child health data in order to improve programme outcomes.
- Manages and coordinates effectively the provision of technical support to District Health Managers and frontline health workers in order to improve delivery and management of immunisation and other child health services.
- Manages and coordinates timely the monitoring and evaluation of programme strategies in order to assess key performance indicators and facilitate informed decision making.
- Manages and coordinates the development and implementation of IEC programmes in order to raise awareness and enhance community participation in immunisation and other child health programmes.
- Manages and coordinates effectively the provision of training to district managers and frontline health workers in order to enhance their knowledge and skills on immunisation and other child health services.
- Liaises effectively with Local and International stakeholders in order to share and adopt best practices
- Manages and coordinates timely the identification and management of risks in order to curtail and mitigate the occurrence of adverse outcomes.
- Manages effectively the development of work plans and implementation of the Annual Performance Appraisal System (APAS) in order to monitor and evaluate performance.
- Manages effectively the utilisation of human, financial and materials resources in order to ensure effective and efficient operations of the programme.
Qualifications & Experience
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate with five O level credits including English and Mathematics
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or its equivalent
- 10 years of which 6 years should be at Senior Management Level
- Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication and team building skills
- Ability to write technical and analytical reports
- Ability to communicate effectively in English