Education and Awareness Officer
Ministry of Mines and Minerals Development - Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia, Lusaka
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY : EDUCATION AND AWARENESS OFFICER
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the vacant position of Education and Awareness Officer at Zambia Mining Environmental Remediation and Improvement Project in Lusaka. The Zambia Mining Environmental Remediation and Improvement Project is a World Bank financed project whose objective is to reduce mining and environmental health risks in Kabwe, Kitwe, Mufulira and Chingola
JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATION
1. JOB TITLE: EDUCATION AND AWARENESS OFFICER
2. JOB PURPOSE: To support Kabwe Municial Council project Implementation unit in developing and implementing education and awareness programs and activities in order to disseminate information to the local communities and public institution on project intervention.
3. MAIN DUTIES OR ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Devising Education and awareness Strategies;
- Conducting Education and awareness campaigns;
- Developing Education and awareness materials;
- Exploration of education and awareness opportunities;
- Monitoring and Evaluation of awareness and education campaigns;
- Preparation of progress reports and documentation;
- Liaison with NGOs and Community groups in the project areas;
- and Coordinate awareness campaigns with Stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
Minimum Secondary Education:
- Grade Twelve School Certificate
Minimum Vocational/Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science with Education in Chemistry or Biology or both
- Must be a registered teacher with the Teaching Council of Zambia and possess a valid/current practicing certificate.
Minimum Relevant Pre-job Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years post qualification teaching experience in the education sector.
- Experience in donor funded projects will be an added advantage;
- Written Skills Must possess excellent writing skills
- Oral Skills Must possess good oral communication skills
- Good communication skills;
- Computer literate with skills in at Excel, Word, Power point, Microsoft Office;
- Ability to be a good team player;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Ability to maintain good relationships.