Miracle Corners – Zambia - Lusaka, Lusaka
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
The MCZ Operations Officer will work closely with the MCZ Country Manager to oversee the day-to-day activities of the organization, specifically to ensure adherence to financial and administrative procedures, accurate filing and organizational systems are in place and compliance with donor and government requirements. The Operations Officer is a full time, fixed term (1 year) position which will report to the MCZ Country Manager.
- Coordinate recruitment process and registering students for center activities.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the center’s community outreach plan.
- Coordinate and maintain program schedule for the center considering the use of classroom space for all program activities
- Maintain an up-to-date fixed asset register and inventory for all equipment
- Oversee general center maintenance (regular cleaning and repairs)
- Ensure the center is open in the morning working hours and closed after working hours
- Receive and attend to the Visitors
- Maintain up-to-date HR files for all employees
- Ensure timesheets are accurately kept and filed
- Assist Country Manager in carrying out tasks to ensure compliance with donor and government requirements
- Support the Country Manager in the ensuring the timely submission of returns and annual registration requirements
- Prepare monthly payroll and staff pay slips
- Oversee timely payments of monthly expenses (electricity, utilities, etc.)
- Review payment requests and prepare checks for approval by the Country Director, ensuring that supporting documents are sufficiently provided to make payments
- Maintain a ledger of financial transactions at the Centre including revenue and expenses
- Collect and Issue receipts for all transactions at the Centre
- Collect any revenue generated from community center programs and income generating activities pursuant to set finance policies
- Manage petty Cash
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Country Director
- Work closely with the Regional Finance Manager to ensure MCZ is complying with local regulations as well and organizational policies, as well as creating, updating and maintaining key operational procedures.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Provide logistical support to MCW New York and MCW friends and Partners in country on certain occasions
The requirements listed below are representative of the professional qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor`s degree in Accounting, Finance or other Professional equivalent qualifications.
- 3-5 Years working experience in accounting and book keeping.
- Excellent knowledge of keeping payments order books as well as cheque books
- Excellent knowledge in verifying and preparing cheques and payments vouchers
- Excellent knowledge in preparing financial reports.
- Excellent knowledge in keeping all accounting documents in a safe and orderly manner.
- Performing all accounting of Miracle Corners – Zambia (MCZ)
- Should have excellent Interpersonal skills, communication skills; problem solving skills, teamwork skills, Analytical skills and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be proficient with English and Zambian languages in both spoken and written.
- Should be computer literate in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent knowledge in setting up and using Quickbooks
- Experience working with local government and regulatory authorities in Zambia;
- Ability to gather, evaluate and present information effectively to employees, management and a Board of Directors and make actionable recommendations; strong written and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to think conceptually and deal decisively with practical matters in a proactive manner that reduces financial risk to the organization;
- Proven ability and willingness to work independently, prioritize and hold oneself accountable;
- Strong mastery of Google Drive and Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel;
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of Bemba, Nyanja, and other Zambian languages is favorable.
This position is based in Chanyanya, Zambia.